YUM. I just loved this dressing so much I had to share ( you know me I love to share what I love ). I am playing around with a lot of macrobiotics , something about it always calls me back! I was reading through one of my first vegan/Macrobiotic books : “The Kind Life “ by Alicia Silverstone. Yes I know she feeds her kid chewed food but I still love her! Her book is such a gentle and awesome approach to veganism , it helped me a lot through my transition. She points out the eco part of the diet, new veggies that still most vegans don’t eat (like fermented foods, sea veggies and real grains). I found a basic tahini dressing recipe in her book but I thought it needed a kick so eventually I made this . Very nutrient dense, contains a lot of calcium, enzymes, minerals, helps detox, alkalize , & energize. Like always enjoy!<3
- 1/3 cup of tahini (raw is best )
- 1 tbs of ume plum vinegar
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (or a bit more)
- 1 tbs of nutritional yeast
- dash of cayenne or chipotle powder
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp of coconut nectar (optional)
- 1 tbs of gomashio ( I make my own but when in a rush I just use this plus it has sea veggies in it!) ALSO you can either add it on here OR top your salad with it , I personally topped it.
- about 1/2 cup of water , depends on how thick you want the dressing or on your blender.
Directions : Add all ingredients to a blender and blend away! My salad was dandelion greens, spinach, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and raw pepitas. I topped it with gomashio instead of adding the gomashio to the dressing.