Cauliflower , one of America’s popular vegetable. Most people buy it frozen and cooked in the microwave along with broccoli , served on the side with some protein or pasta. Some eat it in a ” healthier” way, you know steamed and covered with dairy butter .Almost like any other typical american I also had my broccoli and cauliflower steamed every once in a while because there was NO way I would ever have them in my smoothies! (lol bad experience ) It wasn’t until I took a Super Immunity course with Dr.Fuhrman (based on his Book “Super Immunity”) that I learned what a powerful veggie cauliflower could be! You see cauliflower is a Cruciferous vegetable. Cruciferous vegetables are some of the most powerful plants we can eat, they have strong anti-cancer properties and are very alkaline forming foods as well!
Other popular cruciferous veggies :
- Bok Choy
- Brussels Sprouts
Back to cauliflower! , I love having my veggies in fun ways ( who doesn’t?) SO, when I saw that you could eat cauliflower like this I had to try it! I seasoned it to how a “chicken” nugget-like food would taste to me, something that would go well with ketchup or a barbecue sauce for those days when I just want to sit in front of the tv with family or play board games while eating finger food! I personally find it easy to make too& just like with any other recipe I encourage you to play around with it (maybe instead of the smokey flavor you can do garlic,oinion, and oregano?).
- cauliflower (I EASILY eat one by myself!)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- chilli powder
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tbs of Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsps of cumin powder
- about 2 tbs of coconut oil ( or whatever oil you use)
- In a bowl, throw in the pieces of cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients. MIx well with your hands
- Either oil or spread wax paper on a baking pan and lay the cauliflower on it . Bake for 15-20 mins
- Enjoy by them self or with ketchup or dip of your choice 😉 enjoy loves!