So I love peanut butter, but unfortunately peanut butter doesn’t love me back. Ever since I went vegan and started eating clean for some strange reason I break out like crazy when I have peanuts!(or maybe it has done that all my life but never noticed it since I never pay much attention to my body’s response to food).
However, I have found many great replacements like almond butter, cashew butter, and hemp butter . Cashew didn’t really tickle my fancies, besides the fact that it’s expensive I just can’t do cashews much. Hemp butter is SO easy to make( I will share the recipe later on ), great tasting, light, good for people with nut allergies, filled with protein as well. BUT I have to admit the closest one to peanut butter taste and feeling wise (that heavy like feeling that makes me feel full when eating it) is almond butter! Yes it’s more expensive than organic peanut butter but personally, I would rather pay an extra dollar or two for almond. For those who would like to make your own go ahead it’s not too hard but I dislike having to hear the food processor for straight 10 or 15 minutes .
I have only tried one rice crispy like vegan treat since i became a vegan and it was not very tasty . So I stumbled upon a vegan peanut butter crispy treats and decided to give it a try & OMG not only is it super delicious and satisfying but it’s so easy to make! to me they kinda taste like those Chewy bars from Quaker oatmeal company. Feel free to play around with it , you can add raisins and cinnamon to make it more Chewy like. I love it this way satisfy my cravings for peanut butter and chocolate.
& FYI you can get addicted to this so try not to eat the whole tray, make sure to share !
- a pack or 4 cups of Brown Rice Puffs or Crispy cereal. ( There is a lot of different ones! like i said play around I have tried the 7 whole grain puffs from Kashi brand & it does it well )
- 1 cup of brown rice syrup
- 1 cups of almond butter
- pinch of salt
for chocolate you can either buy the chocolate chips or make your own like I did
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 of cacao powder
- xylitol, stevia, coconut crystals,
- agave you decide on the sweetener and sweetness of your chocolate!
- In a pan at low heat , melt the brow rice syrup
- when melted, add the peanut butter .
- When both are melted pour the liquid mixture on the cereal
- Mix well and let it cool!
- top with melted chocolate! enjoy 😀